11 April 2011

Richard Dawkins' God Delusion


As an off shoot of my last post, oh so long ago in January of this year, I will be reading Richard Dawkins' God Delusion.  As I read I will respond to each chapter as best I can, taking into consideration the arguments and subjects used therein.

Since you all know that I already stand at odds with Richard Dawkins' work, it is rather obvious that I will be presenting refutations of Dawkins' arguments, answers to his questions, and hopefully (if I can find resources) counters to his research.  My goal will be to show how even someone like me (barely educated compared to Dawkins), using a Biblical position and that as my presupposition, can show such people as even Dawkins to be the embodiment foolishness itself (1 Corinthians 3:19).

I will use the same sort of contextual analysis I do with the Bible to do my best in representing Dawkins position accurately.

Stay tuned in...this should prove interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Richard Dawkins "The God Delusion" is the type of book that can cause a flashpan of debate without having read so much as the dedication page. The premise alone can touch off outrage in an instant. This is for all intents and purposes the case for atheism.

    ReplyDelete