13 June 2008

All in one time


Today I have CQ duty. For those of you who may be reading this thinking "what the heck is CQ" allow me to enlighten you. CQ stands for "Charge of Quarters", which basically means I sleep in the band hall and guard the building and the equipment and answer any phone calls...amungst other duties. Needless to say there are some boring times while pulling a 24hr CQ shift. I was sitting here listening to KLOVE online and couldn't help but think that Sandy was probably listening to the very same song at that same moment. What an encouraging feeling. To know that I am sharing at least someting with my family, though we are so far apart, is a wonder. The title in this post is represented in the thought that though I am 7 hours ahead and roughly 8000 miles away, there are things that connect us at any given moment. God's blessings certainly do transcend time, distance, and location.

4 comments:

  1. God's blessings are indeed awesome My Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is way cool!

    And YAY for KLOVE even in Iraq!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! I know Sandy through PWOC, and my little girl, Grace, just loves your kids and your wife and wanted send Father's Day hugs to you since you are "camping" like her Papa this Father's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well isn't that just so sweet. Thank you for the hugs Grace. I am sure your Papa is loving your hugs as much as I am. Thank you Sarah for visiting my blog to encourage me, and moreso, thank you for encouraging and caring for my family during this trial. God bless you.

    Donna: I say the same thing...YAY for KLOVE even in Iraq.

    To all of you...please pledge, and actually pay, to KLOVE. I never realized how inspiring they are on a daily basis until coming out here. We need to keep them on the air. I can't imagine what Watertown would be like without it.

    ReplyDelete