08 August 2008

I venture to write you a poem of kind
But sitting here blank nothing comes to mind
Do I tell you you're pretty, no that just won't do
Or that you complete me, maybe I love you
I could tell you I'm proud as a king in his court
Knowing his knights are defending his fort
Perhaps shedding a tear might show you my glee
But really, how much fun would that be
Some how I must display my love and esteem
Knowing you I could do that with some chocolate ice cream
A triple chocolate moose cheese cake might do
Who am I kiding, I'd like that too
I would make you a cake with a zillion and one candles
But making fun of your age might loose me everything, and my sandles
Truly I can say you age quite well
For a woman your age you don't even smell
Much
With age comes wisdom, some have said
At your age maybe it's best to just stay in bed
Now that I have lost even my sandles
For your birthday I'll get you a walker with handles
Enough is enough, sorry I teased you
In my jesting I hope that I pleased you
I hope that your smile will rule your day
And that you'll have joy in your spirit
Though I'm away
Happy birthday Sandy
My blessed helper

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! I love you so much My Dear. What a wonderful birthday present!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beutifull! You have a very blessed woman waiting here at home for you. Be safe ... we are praying.

    ReplyDelete