31 July 2008

Black Eye




I have started going to MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) night at the gym here on post. It has really been a great release not to mention great cardio and strength training. We've been learning to punch, kick and block correctly on "stand-up" days. On "grappling" days we roll around on the mats and wrestle each other trying to choke, or submit the other guy. Choking is self-explanatory; when you "submit" someone you are basically moving a body part like an arm or leg in a manner it wasn't designed to move, thereby putting pressure on the joint or bone itself.






That being said, I was wrestling this guy and we were having a good match...very equally matched. He was trying to control my arms so that I couldn't get him into a postion to submit him. As we were fighting for the dominant position I guess he caught me with an elbow or something. I wound up wining by putting him in a bent arm bar (a submition). We stood up and he said "I am sorry man, I think I got you in the eye". I didn't think so because I never felt him hit me with anything...I got up and looked in the mirror and sure enough he did. Here are the pictures from that night and the following day. Good stuff.






I took a night off last night because my body was just hurting so bad. I feel better today so I will be there tonight.

3 comments:

  1. that sure is hot baby! Yeah...sexy.... =P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job! Maybe you should post a picture of the other guy! ;-)

    Kate and Ed.

    Continued Thanks for the Job you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude... That's awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete