04 May 2008

Here's the kick off!

Here we are, mere days from deployment. I'm sure you can imagine what emotions are raging...excitement, sadness, anticipation, dread...but I digest (<---for you honey). God is still in Heaven and continues to bless me and my family. The past two months have been rather trying; after almost getting to go to a SSGT promotion board (which is now taking place in Iraq almost immediately after we get settled) then going to Armorer class, WLC, and block leave with as little as a day between each while still staying current on my deployment processing...needless to say, I'm fried.
And as if all that wasn't enough, God has blessed us with a home. You heard me right. In the middle of the deployment rigamaro (pronounced syllabically ri-ga-ma-ro) we are completing purchase paperwork for a 5bd, 2bth, 3400 sq ft home in Carthage, NY. We love this town and the house. I just think that God's timing is hysterical but ultimately perfect, so really who are we to complain. No one, that's who...we'll just take our new home and like it thank you very much GOD!! No...really...thank you God for our new home, it is truly yours. "But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15b
These last few days before deployment are a great break until it's "back on your heads" time. God has really brought us through some times and blessed us tremendously. I know He wil continue to uplift my family by glorigying Himself in every way.
Lord, thank you for giving us so much to tell when we speak of your goodness to others. Let us lean not on our own unerstanding but teach us to trust in You as You lead us toward heaven. Let us remember that Christ is our refuge and righteousness, our strong tower. You are the only wise God, all praise and honor belongs to You through Jesus Christ. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome post Sexy Man. I love reading what's going on in that wonderful head of yours.
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayers are with you, Mr. Army Man (that's what the boys have called you a couple times :D ).

    Brian, Donna, and kidlets

    ReplyDelete