16 May 2008

Over the River and Through the Woods




Well it took a little bit of doing but I am in Baghdad...via Kuwait. I would have to say that though Iraq is more dangerous than Kuwait it is in many ways better. Although I awoke to a sand storm this morning it is better here because there are things to look at, interesting buildings, and it is an odd feeling being thrust into the middle of a location of such turmoil and recent history our children will be learning about in school years from now.

Here are some pictures of Kuwait so you can see just how barren it really is there. Keep in mind it is a little better where I am now and I actually have a room. There are actually plants and it is nice to be able to work again! Working is a worthy distraction from the many days we have ahead of us. I will have more pictures tomorrow or so...I am really tired so I think I'll go to bed...goodnight.

5 comments:

  1. I'm VERY glad to know you've made it Iraq safe and sound. If there is anything you need over there, let me know and we'll see what we can do. Diana and I are praying for you, brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sexy Man!! We miss you...and made the pic of you standing there all handsome and serious our computer background. We love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Justin,
    I am glad that you made it safe and sound. Greg emailed me and said his date has changed ... We are praying for you and spending lots of time getting to know Sandy and the kids better. Take care and let me know if there is anything that you need.
    In HIS arms ....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brian wants to know if you're warm enough yet. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is plenty warm at 105 most days, but it is not finished warming up yet... people who've been here for a while say that 130's and 140's aren't too far away. Tell Brian I'll be sure to send him some heat, and a sand storm too!

    ReplyDelete